The Community Hospice provides free grief support services to those who have experienced the death of a family member or friend.
A Bereavement Counselor will recommend services after meeting with you and your family. Services may include:
- Individual or Family grief counseling, for adults and children
- Support Groups, including Widow/Widowers, Daughter's, Living with Loss etc.
- Camp Erin, a free weekend camp for grieving children and teens, 6-17 years old
- Wave Riders, a free six week program for grieving children and teens, 3-17 years old
These services are free of charge, and are available to everyone, regardless of whether the person who died was a hospice patient. Additional supports are available for schools and organizations in our community, including trainings, groups, memorial services, outreach and a crisis support team.
Request more information about our grief services online, or contact a site nearest you:
Albany and Schenectady Counties
Columbia and Greene Counties
Saratoga and Washington Counties
More information can be found on The Community Hospice's Grief Services website.
• Adult Parent Loss
• Children and Funerals
• Children’s Questions about Death
• Communicating with Grieving Teens
• Holidays and Grief
• Holiday Tips
• Life Partner Loss
• Normal Grief Symptoms
• Suggestions for Coping with Grief
• What Does Grief Feel Like?
• When a Loved One is Dying
• When Someone You Know is Grieving