The Wish Fund

A mother on the Hospice program wished she could take her child to Disney World to leave the child with good memories.  Another woman receiving our Hospice care was far from home, where her family was, and wished she could spend the remainder of her life with them.  A man had never ridden on a passenger train, and wished to have that experience with his wife and children before he died.

These and many other people had their wishes granted by the Hospice Wish Fund. Sometimes simple things are filled with meaning, and wishes fulfilled leave lasting memories.

Staff and volunteers find ways, with the help of the Wish Fund, to make wishes come true.  You can help too with your generous contribution. 

Click here to make your donation right now, or send your check to St. Peter’s Hospital Foundation 310 S. Manning Boulevard, Albany, NY 12208.


Ricky Felber was a good kid. Seventeen years old. Born HIV-positive. When AIDS finally settled in and Ricky knew he was going to die, we asked him what one thing he wanted to do most.

We would have changed the laws of physics to accommodate him, but Ricky just asked to visit Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in New York.

On a lark, we asked him if he liked music. Yeah, he said. Jay-Z in particular.

We know some people who know some people. So we made some calls. Unfortunately, Jay-Z was on a tour in Europe and couldn’t break free to visit. But he sent a box: CDs, clothes, photographs, autographs. Enough bling to please any 17-year-old.

And Ricky was definitely impressed. His eyes lit up in a way we’d never seen before. And then he got in the car for a few days in New York at a nice hotel, with good meals and a first-class tour of Madame Tussauds.

Another box was waiting for Ricky when he got back, but at that point, Ricky was too weak. We don’t know if he was able to open it before he died. But we do know he died knowing how much people cared.


Gerald spent most of his adult life building a company to hand to his kids. But he wasn’t ready when he was finally diagnosed with six months to live.

We understand how committed Gerald was. His company was a part of him, and going to the office wasn’t just a job, it was a major part of his life.

But sitting in regular office furniture was just too painful. And he needed other tools to allow him to work a full day.

That’s where we came in. A few pieces of specialized furniture later, Gerald was back at work, doing what he loved.

And after he died, the company he spent a lifetime creating went to his children in good shape.